Elgin Equipment Group’s Mining Controls Unit Announces New Detection System for Reliable Ground Fault Protection on VFD-Equipped Machines
Monday, April 19th, 2010
Elgin Equipment Group’s Mining Controls unit announces availability of a new MCI ground fault detection system that provides reliable ground fault protection on VFD-equipped machines.
This new system was developed to detect and trip an output circuit off-line when a ground fault occurs on VFD equipment operating at low to synchronous speeds. Primary features include:
• Built-in test, featuring primary window current injection.
• Zero-sequence fault sensing current transformer.
• Latched operation on fault activation requiring manual reset.
• Adjustable pick-up sensitivity.
• Fault indication via indicator lamp.
• Works with breakers equipped with UVR protection.
• Minimizes nuisance tripping when applied on power bus with multiple VFD’s operating.
• Available as stand-alone Model 35763 Ground Fault Detector, or as an integral part of our Model 25593-2 Ground Monitor/Fault assembly.