SatCom Global confirmed as launch partner for Inmarsat’s IsatPhone Pro
Wednesday, June 16th, 2010
World-leading satellite communications provider, SatCom Global is a launch partner for the distribution of hardware and supply of airtime for the revolutionary new Inmarsat IsatPhone Pro. This is the first purpose-built global handheld device from Inmarsat for what is recognised as the world’s most reliable satellite communications network.
The new phone, which had its global launch at the CommunicAsia 2010 show in Singapore on 15th June, represents a major milestone in the satellite communications market, providing a unique combination of global coverage, longest battery life and most reliable network connectivity together with robustness, clear voice quality and ease of use.
The new IsatPhone Pro takes the satellite phone market to a completely new level. It combines Inmarsat‘s proven technology and reputation with a breakthrough in the company’s product portfolio, by providing a highly robust handset with unrivalled functionality – and at a highly-competitive price point.
“This is great news for our customers, who may be on tight budgets or working in tough, remote environments where they need a reliable satellite connection,” says Sandy Johnson, COO, Satcom Global. “With the new IsatPhone Pro, they now have the ideal solution available from Inmarsat.”
From launch, the Inmarsat IsatPhone Pro will offer the following functionality:
· Full services – satellite telephony, voicemail, text and email messaging and GPS location data. IsatPhone Pro incorporates Bluetooth for hands-free use, and the unique design of a fully-manoeuvrable antenna allows the handset to be placed on its side during hands-free sessions
· Longest battery life – provides up to eight hours talk time and up to 100 hours standby time, critical for operators in more remote locations
· Most robust handset – capable of working in almost any climatic conditions. It is dust, splash and shock-proof (IP54), operating at temperatures from -20ºC to +55ºC and humidity from 0 to 95 per cent
· Easy to use – includes intuitive GSM-style interface, high-visibility colour screen and larger keypad for easy dialling. This is especially valuable in extreme temperatures, where an operator has to wear gloves
· Reliable network connection – uses global geostationary satellites operational into the 2020s, ensuring long-term return on an organisation’s communications investment
· Language support – eight languages are supported on the handset, including Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish, ideal for almost all locations across the globe
· Low cost – includes highly competitive handset, accessories and airtime pricing, for markets where budgets are especially critical
The IsatPhone Pro provides a major opportunity for SatCom Global to extend the range of products and services to meet the needs of its customers in the government, aid agencies, media, oil and gas, mining and construction sectors. Many existing customers already have very positive experience of Inmarsat’s satellite broadband technology and have established trust in its unrivalled voice quality and reliability.
“We are delighted to welcome Satcom Global as launch distribution partner for Inmarsat’s IsatPhone Pro, building upon an already proven and strong relationship between our two companies,” said Chris D’Aguiar, Vice President of Sales & Marketing at Inmarsat. “SatCom Global’s strong established presence in key markets across the globe provides the ideal distribution base for us to take full advantage of this exciting market opportunity.”