Emmerson Plc – Grant of Additional Research Permits at Khemisset Potash Project
Wednesday, August 8th, 2018
Emmerson Plc, the Moroccan focused potash development company, is pleased to announce it has received confirmation from the Moroccan mining authorities that the Company has been granted 15 additional Research Permits adjoining its 100% owned Khemisset Potash Project in Northern Morocco (“Khemisset” or “the Project”).
- 11 additional Research Permits granted adjoining Khemisset to the north-east
- Four additional Research Permits granted adjoining Khemisset to the south-west
- New Permits cover an area of 239km2. Total Khemisset Project area now 815km2
- Desktop geological work indicates potash mineralisation is likely to continue for some distance to the north-east, including the area covered by a number of the new permits
- A JORC-compliant Exploration Target is expected to be released in coming weeks demonstrating exploration potential for the area covered by the new permits in the north-east
- Emmerson will commence planning an extensional drill programme to test this area, which will likely be carried out as part of the second drill programme at Khemisset
Hayden Locke, CEO of Emmerson, commented:
“The Khemisset Potash Project already has a large inferred mineral resource of 311.4 million tonnes @ 10.2% K2O, which covers only a small portion of the broader Khemisset Potash Basin. Our desktop review of historical geological data indicates that the potash mineralisation is likely to continue for a number of kilometres to the north east. We are currently completing an Exploration Target for this new zone, which will give some context as to the potential for additional resources for the Project.
“We believe our existing JORC-compliant Resource is sufficiently large to support a mine life of over 20 years. Additional mineralisation in this region will only strengthen the overall fundamentals of the Project and its multi-decade, multi-generational potential.
“In the meantime, the Scoping Study for Khemisset is well underway and we’re confident of delivering it by the end of Q1 2019. We continue to be excited by Khemisset’s potential to be a low capital cost, high margin, potash project delivering outstanding returns regardless of the potash price.”http://www.emmersonplc.com