Overview of Particulate Handling Technology
Location: University of Greenwich, Medway Campus, Chatham Maritime, Kent, UK
Start date: 09/10/2018
End date: 11/10/2018
Event link: http://www.gre.ac.uk/engsci/research/groups/wolfsoncentre/coupro/sc/pht
This is an intensive, two-day short course designed to introduce the technology of storing and handling bulk materials. It also covers the problems that can result from incorrect equipment selection, and looks at appropriate design methodologies for safe and reliable plant. Specially prepared by the Wolfson Centre for Bulk Solids Handling, this course has already been attended by over three hundred engineers from industry and is regularly updated to reflect new developments and changes in industrial practice.
You will learn:
- Techniques for reducing product degradation during handling
- How to troubleshoot problematic systems
- Ways to reduce maintenance, repair and unplanned stoppages to material handling hardware
- Design fundamentals for specifying equipment
- Characterisation of materials
- ATEX Directives
- Relevant case studies from industry
To book your place please complete the online booking form.
Monday, August 13th, 2018