bauma Innovation Award 2019 – 15 innovations head into the home stretch
Thursday, February 7th, 2019
- 138 nominations from Germany and abroad
- Future-focused innovations for the construction machinery industry
- Awards to be presented on the evening before bauma 2019
It’s time for the finals. The 15 candidates for the bauma Innovation Award 2019 have been selected. They were presented to the general public at the bauma Media Dialogue held on January 28 and 29 in Munich. Around 220 trade journalists had an opportunity to evaluate them there as well. The Dialogue was preceded by a two-round selection process during which the companies and institutes were chosen. The five winners will be honored in Munich on April 7, the evening before bauma opens.
The bauma Innovation Award is being presented for the 12th time in the categories Machine, Components/Digital Systems, Construction Work/Construction Method/Construction Process, Science/Research and Design. A total of 138 nominations were submitted from Germany and abroad. The five winners will be honored in the Court Church of All Saints in the Munich Residence on the evening before the opening of the bauma, which will be held from April 8 through 15 at the exhibition grounds in Munich.
The jury will evaluate the entries on the basis of criteria that apply to the industry and its future. These criteria include questions like: How practical is a solution? Or how much economic potential does it have? The spread of digitalization played a key role, just as environmental protection, sustainability, resource efficiency and humanization of jobs did. The key criteria in the Design category are aesthetics and appearance or the link between form and function.
The nominees for the Innovation Award are:
Category 1: Machinery
- E-Power Pipe®, Herrenknecht AG
- 370 EC-B fiber, Liebherr-Werk Biberach GmbH
- New large milling machine with MILL ASSIST, Wirtgen GmbH
Category 2: Components/Digital Systems
- Bomag Ion Dust Shield, Bomag GmbH
- Positioning system DokaXact, Doka GmbH
- Layer thickness measuring system PAVE-TM, Moba Mobile Automation AG
Category 3: Construction Work/Construction Method/Construction Process
- b-project, Bauer Spezialtiefbau GmbH
- Worldwide. Mobile manufacturing, Max Bögl Stiftung & Co. KG
- Innovative building techniques for tomorrow’s construction industry, Ed. Züblin AG, Directorate
Category 4: Science/Research
- Conti-E impulse comminution, Technical Mining Academy of Freiberg, Institute for Mineral Processing Machines
- Driver guidance 4.0, Technical University of Munich, Chair of Material Flow and Logistics
- Defined removal of highly reinforced concrete, Karlsruhe Institute for Technology (KIT)
Category 5: Design
- INTUSI intuitive user interface, Liebherr-Hydraulikbagger GmbH
- Mecalac TV1200, Mecalac Construction Equipment
- Design HDD system drill 2019, Tracto-Technik GmbH & Co. KG
The competition is a joint project led by the German Engineering Federation, the Main Association of the German Construction Industry, the Central Association of the German Construction Industry, the German Association of Building Materials—Rock and Earth, and bauma.
During the bauma Media Dialogue, trade journalists had an opportunity to interview exhibitors and learn about new products two and a half months before the trade fair begins. More than 440 representatives of exhibitors from 23 countries and about 220 journalists from 38 countries took the opportunity to enjoy some one-on-one discussions.https://www.bauma.de