Greatland Gold Advances Exploration at Scallywag Prospect
Friday, August 16th, 2019
Extensive new geophysical surveys, including ground gravity and Induced Polarisation (“IP”), to follow up on encouraging early exploration results at Scallywag
Greatland Gold plc (AIM: GGP), the precious and base metals exploration and development company, is pleased to announce details of a new exploration programme at its 100% owned Scallywag prospect in the Paterson region of Western Australia.
The Scallywag gold-copper prospect sits within the E45/4701 Havieron licence, approximately 6km west of the 12 block area under a Farm-in Agreement with Newcrest. Scallywag is a large, elongate magnetic anomaly with a strike length of more than 6km. Results from Mobile Metal Ion (“MMI”) sampling, completed in 2018, over the Scallywag prospect displayed discrete elevated gold, copper, silver and arsenic MMI responses along the western parts of the target area. The grouping patterns of certain elements at Scallywag are similar to those that were seen in MMI sampling over the Havieron prospect.
Highlights of New Exploration Programme
- Extensive new geophysical surveys, including IP and ground gravity, to follow encouraging early exploration results at high-priority Scallywag prospect.
- Ground gravity survey (to commence in August):
- Ground gravity will be collected across the Scallywag prospect and surrounding areas.
- Approximately 1,580 gravity stations are planned at 400m x 200m spacing, infilling to 200m x 200m across the Scallywag prospect itself.
- Induced Polarisation survey (to commence in September):
- 25 line kilometres of high-powered, deep-sensing 2D IP planned across the Scallywag prospect.
- The IP technique has the ability to detect disseminated sulphide mineralisation like that seen at the Havieron prospect, and will also assist in structural mapping and determining cover depth.
- 3D modelling of the gravity and detailed aeromagnetic data will be completed and reviewed with IP profiles to determine drill targets.
Gervaise Heddle, Chief Executive Officer, commented: “Scallywag is one of our high priority gold-copper targets in the Paterson region and we are excited to be driving forward with a systematic exploration programme. Results from last year’s MMI survey at Scallywag reinforced its potential to host copper, silver and gold mineralisation, and the large size of the target, combined with its relative proximity to the Havieron prospect, makes it an obvious candidate for further comprehensive follow-up work.”http://www.greatlandgold.com/paterson/